15 & 22 May 2021, Saturdays
120 min (per session)
Joyce, Founder and Calligrapher at Artsynibs Studio
The Refinery Workspace, 115 King George's Ave
Tailored to beginners who wish to explore the art of writing, you will love the many aspects of Modern Calligraphy with a pointed pen.
You will learn about posture, pen handling, grip, uppercase and lowercase letters, and how to care for your writing tools.Workshop Outline :
1. TERMINOLOGIES USED IN CALLIGRAPHY
2. OVERVIEW OF TOOLS AND SET UP BEFORE WRITING
3. POSTURE AND PEN HANDLING
4. DRILLS AND STROKES
1. LOWERCASE LETTERFORMS
2. UPPERCASE LETTERFORMS
Participants will each receive The Artsynibs Kit which includes everything you need to start your calligraphy adventure!
What you’ll find in this kit:
- Nikko G nib x 2
- Leonardt 40 nib x 1
- Pot of *Walnut Ink x 1
- Personalised Nib Case x 1
- 2-in-1 Nib Holder x 1
- Set of Practice Sheets x 1
- Le Calligraphe Notebook x 1
- 30 Beautiful English Words Digital Download x 1
*If you have a nut allergy, please notify us.
Workshop requires a minimum of 6 to start.
In order to ensure that our premises comply with the government's recommendations for safe reopening, we are keeping it at a maximum of 8 pax for this session and all studio users must comply with the following:
- Check in and out using the SafeEntry check-in system posted at the studio entrance.
- Compulsory temperature check upon entry.
- Wear masks at all times.
We ask that you refrain from attending this upcoming workshop session if;
- You have travelled in the last 14 days.
- You are feeling unwell.
- You have had a fever of 37.5ºC or higher.
A refund of 50% of the workshop fee will be issued for all the cancellations made in writing and received less than 7 days prior to the workshop date.
Cancellation for your slot for this workshop due to any COVID-19 related reasons would only be allowed full refund at our own discretion on a case-by-case basis.
No refunds or credits will be issued for No Shows on the day of the workshop.